Monday 31 March 2014

Bead Soup Has Arrived

What could possibly be better than sitting by the ocean listening to the waves wash away any cares I might have?  Well to be doing that, and writing about something else I love...beads.

I received my soup from my partner Regina Santerre of Regina's Writings a couple of weeks ago and it killed me that I couldn't take the time to post about it.  What a yummy mix! (Click on the link if you'd like to check out her blog and maybe get a peak at what I sent her.)

I absolutely love the colors and warm metals she picked out for me. Copper and brass are real favorites of mine...and Red, who doesn't love red? The day it arrived I had dragonflies on my mind.  I was trying to come up with how to make one in copper.  Imagine my surprise and delight when I opened my package to find a lovely handmade clay dragonfly pendant by Golem Design Studios!
I immediately got sidetracked from what I was doing and started to play a little, thinking of what I was going to come up with. I'm not quite sure yet , but I think I have a plan for that sweet little clasp that's a little different from the norm. Wish me luck!  This is going to be quite a challenge for me and so much fun in the process.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so I'm going to take a little break from soaking up the ocean's energy and check out a fabulous local bead store here in Virginia Beach to see if I can find something equally amazing to complement my soup. Have a great week!

Eye Candy Soup

Golem Design Studio

Vintaj Natural Brass Waterlily links and tiny little brass spacer beads


2 comments:

  1. Hello Janice, I am glad you like the beads I sent you. Can't wait to see what wonderful plans you have cooking. Thank you for the gorgeous beads I received, they have rendered me speechless! They are challenging me... I want to do them justice! Take care, Regina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like your mix and feel challenged Regina. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result! Have fun!

      Delete