Wednesday 26 February 2014

A Challenge is Born

My wonderful long time friend Sue shared a bunch of beads with me a couple of months ago that she didn't really know what to do with. Some presented a challenge and some were, well... fugly.
Those that I didn't think I could really put to good use I asked her if I could share. 
When Nathalie came over the other day, we naturally migrated to the jewelry room. I gave her the box to go through and see if there was anything she could use.  She dug out some with glee and others with that look of hers and says, "What the heck would you do with these?"  She pulled out some of the fuglies.  We laughed and brainstormed and pretty much came up with a couple of old "mamere' ideas.  Being a couple of girls originally from la belle province that's our term for grandmother or old woman or more eloquently 'old biddy'.  We started to tickle our imagination a little further and actually started to get some half decent ideas and decided we needed to have a challenge.  There aren't too many rules.  We have one month to use the beads in any design we come up with that's not too matronly. That's it.  We started to get a little excited and hummed and hawed and all of a sudden there was no more sharing of ideas.  I have a few things that need to get finished before I can really play with them. I wouldn't have touched these things to be honest, but now that the gauntlet has been laid, I'm chomping at the bit to get started with them.  Sue doesn't know it yet, but we volunteered her to join this challenge since she was the one that started it all to begin with.



The Fuglies











7 comments:

  1. Can we play with them with some tutorial? Just a thought.....I found a few good ideas...."braggin" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is our deadline again?

      Delete
    2. One month. So that would be the week of March, but because it was your month end we bumped it til after the first week of April. Does that sound right to you?

      Delete
    3. I will try to meet our deadline

      Delete
  2. Hi Janice, I am your bead soup partner. Stoped by to say hello! I am gathering from your blog address that you might be in Canada. You will be hearing more from me soon, looking forward to our partnership. Have a great week, Regina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regina
      I'm happy to 'meet' you. I was excited when the list came out albeit the excitement was tempered by a terrible cold. I've been looking for the 'perfect' ingredients to include in my soup. :D

      Delete